Minister Eric L. Taylor, Sr.
Minister Eric L. Taylor is the son of CWO (RET) Samuel & Mrs. Sarah Taylor of Hopkinsville, Kentucky. Minister Taylor is an educator, author, singer and songwriter, former pastor and currently the Youth Coordinator at Providence Missionary Baptist Church.
Minister Taylor has served as an Assistant Principal in the Richmond and Newton County School Systems. He is certified to teach Math, Social Science, Science and Middle Grades (4-8). Minister Taylor is married to Franquetta Reid-Taylor. They have three children: Eric, II; Erin, and Ethan. They reside in the Metropolitan Atlanta area
His education is as follows:
- Associate in Science. Hopkinsville Community College. Hopkinsville, KY.
- Bachelor of Arts. Psychology. Morehouse College. Atlanta, GA.
- Masters of Education. Cambridge College. Boston, MA.
- Educational Specialist. Lincoln Memorial University. Harrogate, TN.
- Candidate for the Doctor of Education Degree. Argosy University, Atlanta, GA.
Coursework has been taken for:
- Masters of Divinity. Candler School of Theology, Emory University. Atlanta, GA
- Georgia Professional Standards Commission. Georgia College and State University.
- Milledgeville, GA.
- Minister Taylor is a Veteran of the U.S.Army having served in the 1st Infantry Division- Fort Riley, Kansas and the 3rd Infantry Division, Wurzburg, Germany. During the four years he served both divisions as a Personnel Records Specialist.
Minister Taylor’s ministry background is as follows:
- Licensed - First Street Baptist Church, Pastor C.E. Timberlake. Hopkinsville, KY
- Ordained – Providence Missionary Baptist Church. Dr. Gerald Durley, Atlanta, GA
- Youth Minister- Providence Missionary Baptist Church.
- Sr. Pastor- Oakey Grove Baptist Church. Evans, GA
- Sr. Pastor and Founder- Emmanuel Faith Tabernacle Christian Center. Augusta, GA
- Youth Ministry Coordinator- Providence Missionary Baptist Church. Atlanta, GA.
Minister Taylor has written and performed on three audio CD’s:
- Family and Friends
- Thou Art God
He has written two books:
- “Fighting For My Child”
- “The Gates of Hell Shall Not Prevail: Church Folk or Saints.”
He has written and directed the play:
Minister Taylor has produced the radio programs: Gospel Live and It’s Time to Praise Him – Augusta, GA
Minister Taylor was also the host of the TV show: “It’s Time to Praise the Lord”- Comcast- Atlanta, GA